ACM Multimedia Asia is a major annual international conference to showcase the scientific achievements and industrial innovations in the multimedia field. Multimedia research focuses on technologies that enable the use and exchange of content, integrating multiple perspectives of digital modalities, including images, text, video, audio (speech, music, etc.), and other sensor data.
ACM Multimedia Asia 2022 will provide demonstration sessions. Demos are intended as live and interactive proof of the presenters' research ideas and technological contributions to provide multimedia researchers and practitioners the opportunity to showcase working multimedia systems, applications, prototypes, or proofs-of-concept. Such a setting allows conference attendants to view and interact firsthand with live evidence of innovative solutions and ideas in multimedia and to experience leading edge research at work.
Submissions are encouraged in all areas related to multimedia, as described in ACM MMAsia 2022 general call for papers.
- Once accepted, demonstration presenters will be provided with a table, poster board, power outlet, and wireless (shared) Internet. Demo presenters are expected to bring everything else needed for their demo presentations, such as hardware, laptops, sensors, PCs, etc. However, if you have special requests such as larger space, special lighting conditions, and so on, we will do our best to arrange them.
- Important note for the authors: The official publication date is the date the proceedings are made available in the ACM Digital Library. This date may be up to two weeks prior to the first day of the conference. The official publication date may affect the deadline for any patent filings related to published work.
Submission Site: https://cmt3.research.microsoft.com/MMASIA2022.
All submissions will be peer-reviewed, and the demos will be selected through a jury process. Please submit two-page demo proposals (excluding references) using the ACM Article Template. Please remember to add Concepts and Keywords.
Please note that the submission is NOT blind. There is no need to anonymize presenters. Each demo submission must contain a supplementary file, either in PowerPoint format (no more than 10 slides) or in a video (no longer than 3 minutes), explaining to the jury:
- What is the scientific or engineering concept behind the work?
- What is the novelty of the work, and how is the work different from existing systems or techniques?
- What will be actually shown during the demo?
In addition, a PDF document containing a one-page description of your demo booth configuration may be provided if you have special requests. Please note that the submission system accepts only one supplementary file (Max 10MB). Therefore you have to compress multiple files into one ZIP file for submitting the supplemental materials. If the total size of your supplementary materials exceeds 10MB, please contact the demo chairs to arrange a way to submit the file.
Please note: The submission deadline is at 11:59 p.m. of the stated deadline date Anywhere on Earth.
- Submission deadline: September 2, 2022 (Extended)
- Decision notification: September 23, 2022.
For any questions regarding submissions, please email the Demo Chairs:
- Yoko Yamakata (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
- Anita Min-Chun Hu (National Tsing Hua University, Taiwan)